FIREFOX Users! I have no idea why the colors get weird and I am saddly too stupid to change it. Don't strain yourself... Just ask someone who CAN read it to translate it for you!

Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Doctor is in...

Right this very moment in life I struggle with the question: How do you ever trust yourself again? I know that I am susceptible to some purty dark shit. Apparently you can lie in my face and I smile. And I have this history of filling up my lonely bits with the wrong people.

WRONG PEOPLE.

So, I suppose I shouldn’t trust me any father than I can throw me cause I suck at this.

But what if I SHOULD trust me? What if what this new suitor – let’s call him Marvin, I will explain later – is offering me, in gilded phrases and wide open adoration, is just what the doctor ordered? (He calls me doctor sometimes. Is it vanity that allows me to just smile and say “Yes?”).

This Marvin rang my door bell and said “Come out to play, Penny, I think you’re SWELL.” That’s good, huh? Ack. I need a bullshit detector.

3 Comments:

Blogger Charles Riedmueller said...

Lets assume that "I suppose I shouldn’t trust me any father than I can throw me" was not Freudian, people.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Charles Riedmueller said...

Where IS everybody?? This is bothering me.

6:43 PM  
Blogger JulieB said...

Well, I think everybody is lost, wandering in the woods, eh?
We each have our own part of the woods. And where are we now?
I'm in trying to stay employed woods. I think I have it nailed down, but hell I worked in 5 locations in 2007. Not a happy record and not one I'm looking to beat either.
Penny - Too often I choose to see what I want to see in someone.
Meet his friends. They are a mirror of his attitudes and interests.
Oh. And if you haven't actually met him yet, what the hell have coffee.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home