FIREFOX Users! I have no idea why the colors get weird and I am saddly too stupid to change it. Don't strain yourself... Just ask someone who CAN read it to translate it for you!

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Days of Dead Deer

Well, I'm back. I've been trying to think up an interesting title for my vacation and you're looking at it. How many mangled deer can you stand to see in one afternoon? I am not exaggerating if I say I saw 472 million road-killed deer in the last 10 days.

OK. Maybe I am exaggerating. But only a little bit.

They were EVERYWHERE! On the interstates. Along the state routes. Piled up like cord wood next to peoples drive ways. It was sickening.

I also spent some time with my gramma. This is an interesting woman. When my brother and I were young she insisted that we call her Donna instead of gramma. I insisted she call me Penny instead of Debbie. We are still in this mode.

"Now Penny. Who are your sisters again?"

"I don't have any sisters, Donna. Just the one brother, your grandson, Nickel."

"Oh, Debbie, you do to have sisters. There's Dorothy and who else?"

"Nope, not me."

and then this one:

"Penny, look here at this photo of you and my mother."

"Thats not me Donna, that's my mom."

"Its you, Chris."

"No. I was not even alive when this photo was taken."

"Well, maybe its Dorothy."

"Who is Dorothy?"

"You know, your sister."

"Oh, yeah, her. Maybe it is."

I did have a few moments of deer envy. So peaceful to just fling yourself into traffic.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Enjou Gramma while you can, all my family seems to dead or fighting!! Don't envy the deer, envy Gramma. She can say and do anything she wants and no one can do anything about it. That's one of the perks of getting old, you get to irrrate and confuse the relatives.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Wyrfu said...

One thing that always amuses me about your blog is that, if there's one thing you're not, it's bad! Still, I suppose with a name like yours, the temptation to call your blog Bad Penny was just too great... ;)

7:53 PM  
Blogger Bad Penny said...

Nice to see some new monkeys...

Tony: She gave me twenty bucks for "gas" and I thought "Medicine" cause I ate her "chicken" to be nice...

Gone Away: My name is not really "Penny". At least not yet.

Thanks for reading!

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home