FIREFOX Users! I have no idea why the colors get weird and I am saddly too stupid to change it. Don't strain yourself... Just ask someone who CAN read it to translate it for you!

Monday, September 27, 2004

Kids!

This morning Number Three Child says this to me:

"I want to eat this waffle with Ranch."

Is this the most disgusting thing you have ever heard of eating (Well, Fear Factor aside... I'll re-phrase) Is this the most disgusting thing you've ever heard of wanting to eat? Why do kids want to dip everything into ranch dressing?

Makes me think about the genetic time bombs ticking in my children. This gross food thing? That comes straight from Scoots half of the DNA. He has always eaten truly disgusting conglomerations of stuff never meant to be mixed up together. Waffles and ranch? Scoot would say "You bet! but... throw in some peanut butter and a heaping spoonful of salsa!"

Then there is Number Two Child who wished, fervently, just yesterday that her teacher would send week-end home work with her on Friday. "I could do one page on Friday, one on Saturday and one on Sunday and bring it all back on Monday!" Couple that with this interesting exclamation "If kids ruled the world I would go to school EVERYDAY!" and you get my genetic input.

I had a buddy tell me the other day that I am like that Old Navy commercial where the girl stands up in history class and screams "Let's Study!" Apparently I have passed this birth defect on. At least to Number Two. Number One has the capacity but she resists it. Wonder if it'll spring up in her little baby, her little Number One?

All this lovely geek-gene stuff aside I am really, truly and honestly worried that I've done a terrible thing to my kids. Scooter is nuts. And I made two babies with him. It would be lovely if DNA always combined to express the BEST traits and tendencies. However, as Mendel will attest, this is not always the case.

Hindsight is 20-20 they say.

Number Three, right this very second, wishes that I would allow her to clean the fireplace. This is some rouge cleaning trait which flows from neither her mother nor her father. There is hope. Perhaps sanity will also crop up in there. Recessive yet expressed anyway...

This has been a science moment ~ I'm Bad Penny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home